lwm221

KEYBOARD DIED, WHY? Synaptics PS/2

This Satellite was purchased new Mar 5, 2010 - and the keyboard does not work?  Worked fine yesterday.  Never moved it, been on my desk all night.  Everything was fine until I turned it on.  I checked the web, and there are alot of companies selling the replacement keyboards with self installation.  WHAT?

Toshiba tech support walked thru de-install, re-botted, etc, then tells me I have to send it in for repair - Why not re-install the driver first?  Rebotted, nothing.  Attached an old keyboard in my closet, on the USB, so I could type this.  Waiting for a hardware repair at Toshiba is NOT AN OPTION! 

I cannot find any keyboard driver software for this either - I have had two HP laptops and the keyboard driver never died!  Maybe I should go back to Hewlet Packard Laptops?

UH-HAPPY TOSHIBA CUSTOMER!

Occasional Advisor
archie_civil

Re: KEYBOARD DIED, WHY? Synaptics PS/2

you will not be able to find keyboard drivers because its part of the OS. You can uninstall it from Devices Manger (do not delete the driver though) and restart the computer 2x when you're done, if that does not work but an external keyboard works, then it MIGHT be a HW issue..

distg1

Re: KEYBOARD DIED, WHY? Synaptics PS/2

I couldn't use my keyboard or a plugged in mouse at all on my toshiba laptop (it was stuck) so I did a Windows Diagnostics at boot and after it restarted I plugged in the mouse and it worked so I did a system restore. After that I have a keyboard back working for my laptop again.