Occasional Contributor
DBBromberg

How do I turn off the touchpad with windows 7???

I have a Toshiba Sateliite L455D-S5976 running windows 7 I need to turn off the touchpad but am unable to 7 will not let me?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How do I turn off the touchpad with windows 7???

1.  FN+F9 toggles the TouchPad on/off.

2.  The specs for your machine indicates you have a on/off switch.  It is very small, same color as the keyboard bezel and located in the keyboard bezel between the center of the TouchPad and the Space key.  Pushing it also toggles the TouchPad on/off.

3.  If you use an external USB mouse, you can set the mouse settings to turn the TouchPad off when the external USB mouse is connected.  See Control Panel--Mouse--Device Settings--Put a check in the box about mid-way in the window.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Occasional Contributor
DBBromberg

FN+F9 toggles the TouchPad on/off.

No does not do anything total bull!

The specs for your machine indicates you have a on/off switch.  It is very small, same color as the keyboard bezel and located in the keyboard bezel between the center of the TouchPad and the Space key. Pushing it also toggles the TouchPad on/off.

The specs are wrong!

If you use an external USB mouse, you can set the mouse settings to turn the TouchPad off when the external USB mouse is connected.  See Control Panel--Mouse--Device Settings--Put a check in the box about mid-way in the window.

You mean like on Vista or XP do you always insult people? you act like no one knows this well you don't, so I will explain this to you OK, you cannot turn off or disable the pad thru this the disabled button is not active with 7, Also you cannot uninstall it thru device manager because 7 just reinstalls it!!!

any other bright ideas?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

ALL of the above works on my Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines.

No! I don't have any more bright ideas!

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Occasional Contributor
DBBromberg

That is bull ifyou google this there are1000s of people with this same issue and every brain dead computer moron is spouting the same bull you are and none of it works you claim it works but claim is all it is just talk nothing but.

Here once again from this forum, this site no help Tobshiba the people that are on here just blowing smoke!

unsubscribe

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Boy!  What a friendly guy you are, DB. I don't think we'll miss you.

C.B.