mayuri

Function keys to increase/decrease brightness (FN+F6/F7) in L510-D4010 does not work

Hey Ppl,

I brought Toshiba L510-D4010 last week and a bit disappointed to to find that my function keys are not working. I found this when i was trying to reduce the brightness of my screen (FN+F6/F7). I have Windows XP. Kindly help.

Cheers!

Mayuri.

Regular Advisor
Defender

Re: Function keys to increase/decrease brightness (FN+F6/F7) in L510-D4010 does not work

Reinstall the TVAP utility.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Function keys to increase/decrease brightness (FN+F6/F7) in L510-D4010 does not work

Satellite L510-D4010

Mayuri, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the TVAP.

TOSHIBA VALUE ADDED PACKAGE for Windows Vista, V1.2.8_UPDATE3, 03 Jul 2009

TOSHIBA VALUE ADDED PACKAGE-1.2.8_UPDATE3.zip

-Jerry
mayuri

[ Edited ]

Hey Jerry/Defender,

Thanks for the update...however the TVAP mentioned herein is for Windows Vista and I have Windows XP (SP2-32bit). Is this TVAP supported by Windows XP (SP2-32bit) too?

Or is there some other method to enable the Funcation keys for Windows XP (with SP2-32bit)...?

Also m planning for Windows XP (SP3-32bit) upgrade by next week. Will the method to activate Functions then will change?

Cheers!

Mayuri.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Try these two utilities, Mayuri. Install them in this order.

TOSHIBA COMMON MODULES for Windows XP, 20 Jul 2009

TOSHIBA-COMMON-MODULES.zip

TOSHIBA HOTKEY UTILITY for Windows XP, 20 Jul 2009

TOSHIBA-HOTKEY-UTILITY.zip

I doubt whether SP3 will change anything here.

Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3

-Jerry
mayuri

Hi Jerry,

Thanks a lot...it worked!

Just one more question...does this hotkey utility take care of other function keys too? Coz m trying to disable my touchpad click using FN+F9 but it doesnt work :-(

Due to the high sensitivity of touchpad i want to disable click on it and i'll be using the right and left click buttons for the purpose. Kindly let me know how can i achieve this?

I have Windows XP (32 bit OS).

Cheers!

Mayuri.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy to hear it worked, Mayuri!

FN+F9 .. doesnt work

It's sort of a guessing game trying to figure out what affects what. Sometimes the display hotkey utility seems to affect other hotkeys and sometimes not.

Can't hurt to try reinstalling this one.

TOSHIBA TOUCHPAD UTILITY for Windows XP, 20 Jul 2009
   TOSHIBA-TOUCHPAD-UTILITY.zip

Don't know what this one does. Maybe it makes HWSetup in Control Panel.

TOSHIBA UTILITIES for Windows XP, 20 Jul 2009

TOSHIBA-UTILITIES.zip

-Jerry
mayuri

Re: Function keys to enable/disable touchpad (FN+F9) in L510-D4010 does not work

Hi Jerry,

Tried both the options mentioned by you but still enabling/disabling of touchpad (FN+F9) doesnt work :-(

Anything else you can think of which can make this possible?

Cheers!

Mayuri.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Function keys to enable/disable touchpad (FN+F9) in L510-D4010 does not work

Sorry, Mayuri, I'm out of ideas.

You can, of course, restore the hard drive to its original state using Toshiba recovery media. But this inconvenience is probably not worth that drastic step.

-Jerry
manlinion

Hello! please help me to function my FN+F9 , FN+F8, FN+F10 and other functions for my WINDOWS 7 Ultimate x64

i can't enable/disable my touchpad for my TOSHIBA SATELLITE L510 please...

Yern

I have a Satellite Pro L300 with the same issue...unable to change brightness and found this forum thread. Downloaded the Common Modules zip file off this page, loaded, restarted, problem fixed.

Many thanks.

liliana_gamboa

Hi,

I have same problem: Function keys to increase/decrease brightness (FN+F6/F7) in my laptop A355-S6940 do not work. To solve this problem I have installed TVAP utility for Windows 7 32 bit but it did not work. I really appreciate your help with this since i need to decrease the brightness of the screen because my eyes are very sensible to the light and i cannot resist such brightness.

Many thanks!