kaos733
Accepted Solution

Function keys not working

Hello all. I tried to adjust the display brightness but the F6 and F7 keys wouldnt respond. Then I tried all the function key and got no response from any of them. Am I missing spmething? Is there a way to disable and enable the function key? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaos733

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Function keys not working

Which computer?

-Jerry
kaos733

Hey Jerry. It's the C655-S5132. I figured out the problem, although I dont know what caused it.

I pressed the start button and typed flash into the search box. This gave me options for the function flashcards that appear on top when you hit the function key. Two options appeared: "Settings for Flashcards" and "Restart Flashcards". I clicked on yhe later first then went back and went into the setting to see if there was a disable feature for the funtion key. Restarting the flashcards did the trick.

Thnaks for your response. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C655-S5132 

Restarting the flashcards did the trick.

Glad you got it fixed.

-Jerry
Master_K

Recently my laptop was repaired, apparently something was wrong with the BIOS or OS (same thing? I don't know). After I got my laptop back the fn menu stopped coming up and evertime I push fn f8 to turn on the wireless nothing happens. I cant use any function keys at all.. Now my laptop is running on windows 7 pro 32 bit, The file where I can restart the flashcard is no longer in the toshiba folder even on search. Someone please help me!

Is there any way to turn on the wireless capability without using the fn key?

My laptop is a Toshiba NB305-N410BN-G

Thanks.

Master_K

finaly I was able to solve my problem with the function key,,,,, all I did is to reinstall the TVAP,,,, if you will do this make sure that the tvap that you will reinstall is compatible with your computer model....