toaster

Failing mouse button: Should I send it in to the Depot or not?

My Satellite E105-S1602 left mouse button is starting to get stuck sometimes. I've had it for 6 months. Called in and they said it's covered under warranty but I'll have to mail it to the Depot Center and it typically takes 7-10 days (though not gauranteed) plus shipping both ways and they may wipe my hard drive. I can still make the button work by pressing strategically on one end of the button and not the end that tends to get stuck...

Has anyone done this before? Did they really wipe your hard drive even though you're just trying to get a small button fixed?

Does anyone know if this is a easy fix? I'm tempted to bring it to a local repair shop and pay for the repair so I don't have to part with it for 10+ days and risk having to reinstall everything! I tried to get toshiba to send me a spare part but they wouldn't...

nfhslugger

Re: Failing mouse button: Should I send it in to the Depot or not?

I am having the same problem. I got my Satellite P500 in December 2009 and the left mouse button has started to stick. I need to know if it is really worth sending in to get repaired