IQRaceworks

Did system restore on L675D LAptop...now FN dropdown menu is not working.

[ Edited ]

I had to do a system restore on my L675D laptop. Luckily when I got it a few weeks ago I did a full system image backup.  I did the full restore, and everything is working great now.....except that when I prett the FN key on the keyboard, I don't get the dropdown menu at the top of the screen with all of the FN (funciton) commands. 

Some of the function commands still work (sound mute, sleep, volume), but some don't....like turning the wi/fi adapter on and off.

When I did the restore, did a driver that runs the FN key menu and functions not get reinstalled?  Any info would be grreat.  Thanks!

I'm running Win7 64bit.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Did system restore on L675D LAptop...now FN dropdown menu is not working.

Go to Start-All Programs-Toshiba-Utilities-Restart Flash Cards.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
IQRaceworks

[ Edited ]

Thanks. I did that, and rebooted the computer.....but when I press the FN key on the keyboard I still don't get the dropdown menu for all of the FN commands at the top of the screen.

I also installed the newest VAP driver, but that did'nt work either. 

Any other ideas?

I did discover that if I go into the flash card settings screen, and click on "allow the mouse to bring up the cards".....when I move the mouse to the top of the screen, I can access all of the flash cards that I've been missing.  It will shot the F8 wireless on/off flash card, but when I click on it, it just says that I need to use the function key to turn it on. 

BUT....the FN key on the keyboard is still not accessing the drop down menu.  Is it a problem with the keyboard driver?

Thanks for the help...

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Sorry, LQ, I only know the easy stuff!!:smileyhappy: Maybe Jerry will offer some help later today.  He's the resident expert and always has good advice.  Good Luck.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
cbradley726

I would try doing a "factory restore" as long as you have all your data backed up external. When your computer boots up hit "F8" then select repair your computer from the dos menu. Enter your username and password and select Toshiba Recovery. You can now do a factory data restore which will restore your computer to and "out of the box" state. Hope this helps.