pkgardai
Accepted Solution

Can not use numeric keypad on p505D num lock light is always on by number keys do not work

The numeric key pad does not function at all.  Anyone have any ideas.  Num lock light is always on and will not go off if the num lock key is pressed.  Only the ENTER key in this area functions.

PatEdmonson

Re: Can not use numeric keypad on p505D num lock light is always on by number keys do not work

I'm having the same problem with my Toshiba Satelitte. I'm figuring the numbers got disabled somehow, but I caan't figure it out.

pkgardai

Re: Can not use numeric keypad on p505D num lock light is always on by number keys do not work

All of  the number keys seem to be mapped to nthe F3 function key.  If I press FN and then any of the numeric keys the F3 function appears.

Any idea how to remapp the keyboard?

pkgardai

GOT THE FIX HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU

Called the tech support center here is what they had me do and it fixed my problem

A.  Shut down the computer

1.  Remove the battery and the AC power

2.  Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any redisual power

3.  Reconnect and restart ....  the problem was fixed

Hope it helps

PatEdmonson

Yes it worked for me thank you very much

pkgardai

Glad to know it worked for you... wonder how it happened in the first place.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Just for the record, that procedure will fix a LOT of problems on a computer and is well worth trying when things are acting correctly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Superhornet

Removing the battery (and unplugging from the wall) for thirty minutes also worked for my P500-ST6821.  Now if I can just figure out why I get sporadic BSODs from sdbus.sys - but that's a post for a different thread.

AprilSMartin

I have the same problem with L655the number lock is lit and the keypad does not work.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Did you try the fix mentioned in one of the earlier posts of:

A.  Shut down the computer

1.  Remove the battery and the AC power

2.  Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any redisual power

3.  Reconnect and restart

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

barbara06512

I tried the fix but it didn't work!  I am so frustrated!  I have a Satellite A505-S6960.  I use the numeric pad all the time.  Any other ideas?