arjr46

won't come on

I have a Satellite Pro 4600 I try to turn it on and I hear a click from hard drive and nothing

won't come on lights come on but thats all that comes on, has power

fallonlrobinson

Re: won't come on

i was Wondering if you had found an answer to this problem? I think i broke my boyfriends laptop because now his is doing the same thing. It can turn off but when i try to turn it back on it comes up with the screen where it normally says continue with system resume or something like that and now it give me an option for it to repair something, and it says its supposed to repair what is keeping it from stating up but all it does is go to a load screen with a loading bar and after that it goes to a blank screen with the cursor. the cursor can move but it doesnt do anything else after that. it doesnt load and it doesnt start..
Regular Advisor
Defender

arjr46..hard drive failure immediate. Cehck the fan andexhaust ports to ensure free of debris, as wellas the power adapter wires.  remove the battery and restart, if problem continues with hard drive clicking noise time for Authrized Service Provider repair visit.  Saves the stress level.
Regular Advisor
Defender

fallonrobinson..if you can capature the menu repair error we could assist better.  Did you do an update or add a new device.? Remove external drives and see what occurs.  What model# are you addressing, OS-- I assume is XP? As per other post for a solution here try those inputs.  Take the battery out, go into Safe Mode, and see if any problem are identified in Device Manager.