irvinjoell

what model of toshiba satellite do I have

I have a toshiba laptop with Windows XP Home Edition with a number of n09-01284.  On the links on this forum http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Troubleshooting/SECOND-ATTEMPT-URGENT-HELP/m-p/194602#M32421 and http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Troubleshooting/HELLO-I-NEED-URGENT-HELP/m-p/194604#M32422  Jerry Lippey alleges that such a machine is an Olidata machine and provides a link to a site showing a new modern duo processor computer, this computer was built back in 2005.  In addition the computer case has Toshiba written all over it.  The screen shows Toshiba written on it when it starts up. And the computer properties window shows Toshiba Satellite.  In order to find out what type of memory to get I need the model series but I have not be able to locate any site that provides that information.  Can I get some help in this matter?  

Regular Advisor
alexuw

Re: what model of toshiba satellite do I have

[ Edited ]

That's probably the "Product/Part number".

The model is something liek: Toshiba Qosmio x505-q8102x  ,  another:   Toshiba Satellite P775-12345

A product number looks like: PQX33U-051025 ,   without any other sur-names etc....

The Olidata laptop could be a Toshiba with a Olidata rebanding [just a guess..]

========================================================
QOSMIO - x505 q8102X
i7-2630QM , GTX 460m , 18.4" screen @ 1680x945p
Super Advisor
miker643

Look for the information that alexuw mentions above, on the Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer, assuming the Toshiba label is there.

But, I've got to tell you, there are very few things that Jerry Lippey 'alleges' about computers that aren't absolutely true.

Mike

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I sure can't reconstruct why I posted that a year ago.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
miker643

Jerry_Lippey wrote:

I sure can't reconstruct why I posted that a year ago.

So then, what are you alleging now? {wry smile}

Mike

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

He says it's a Satellite. Let's see the label.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
EstherD

irvinjoell wrote:

In order to find out what type of memory to get I need the model series but I have not be able to locate any site that provides that information.  Can I get some help in this matter?  

Have you tried using the memory configurators at any of the major online computer parts vendors, e.g. Newegg, Microcenter, or Tiger Direct? They're generally pretty good at finding a match from just manufacturer name and model number.

If that's a dry hole, then open the memory access door, write down all the info that appears on the DIMMs and on the memory chips themselves, and just Google that bit by bit until you get a page or two showing the specs of the installed memory. Use those data to find compatible DIMMs.

HTH... -- EstherD