kyleknaoo

what is Toshiba Quality Application?

Trying to clean up my Satellite L505 a little - I suspect some of the pre-installed software may be slowing it down.

I've spent well over an hour googling this "Toshiba Quality Application" - found lots of references to it (mostly from people like me, wondering what programs can be safely disabled), but have not found NOT ONE CLUE as to what it's for.

Interestingly, Toshiba Quality Application appears in my Uninstall list, but not in the program list (under the start button), nor in the msconfig "startup" list.  

So... if I actually DID want to use it, how do I get it to run?  What does it do?  I evidently can't disable it.  Is it safe to uninstall it?  If I realize later that I want it, can I download and reinstall it?

Thanks,

~kyle

fofang13

Re: what is Toshiba Quality Application?

Do not remove it from your computer. It detects and repairs corrupt (any and all) files and repairs them. You can reinstall it by going to the download tab at the top of the page and filling out the boxes.

kyleknaoo

Re: what is Toshiba Quality Application?

There are other programs that detect and repair corrupt files (and lots of other types of system problems) - why use Toshiba's rather than Norton's, for example.  

How does it work?  How do I run it?  

Does it run automatically at pre-specified intervals, or constantly (which probably DOES slow the system down)?  

And if it's so important, why is Toshiba silent about it?  Maybe it's some kind of spyware Toshiba 'requires' us to have, but doesn't want us to know about.