bbv
bbv

usb ports not recognizing printer

My usb ports are not recognizing my printer all of a sudden.  message says that one of them is malfunctioning; but device manager says they are all ok???  reinstalled the printer drivers and still nothing although it works as a copier independently???  updated usb drivers and it said it was ok.  what do i do next?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: usb ports not recognizing printer

Which computer? Which Windows? Which printer?

Quote the message on a line by itself.

-Jerry
apples

I'm having the same problem.  I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 with Windows 7 Home 64-bit.  I tried re-installing the printer software and that didn't work.  I also bought a new USB cable and that didn't work.  The printer is a HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One.  It was working well for a while and then my computer just doesn't recognize it.  When I reinstalled the software, it asked me if I wanted to add a printer, and it couldn't find the device. 

Jeanie

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A505-S6980 

It was working well for a while and then my computer just doesn't recognize it.

Do you recall what you did about that time, Jeanie?

Try a System Restore to before that.

What is System Restore?

-Jerry

I am having the same problem.  Have spent literally hours uninstalling, reinstalling, restoring, etc and all of a sudden, my computer doesn't recognize either of the 2 printers that I own.  I have also purchased a new cable, have seen that the device manager indicates that things are fine...what to do??????

Oh, I have a Satellite A350--the printers are both HP 4315 officejet all in ones...