moscatomg1

toshiba nb505 dual monitor & line out sound

Hi all, I've gotten a toshiba recently. Everything is working perfectly right out of the box--except the dual monitor setup (w/ a maxent moniter as the secondary).

The maxent works fine w/ other laptops, so that item is not the problem. It has to be the toshiba. When the toshiba starts up, the images like the toshiba logo and very initial windows splash will show up. But then it stops, and the maxent just goes back to its blue screen. In addition, the line out sound will only play right speaker sound (on the maxent and other devices) . . . but w/ headphones it is fine.

Please advise on any suggestions. Drivers are all up-to-date and windows updates are good, so I'm really lost.

This should be basic, so it's pretty disappointing this isn't working. Thank you!

system info:
toshiba nb505-508BL
OS Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit

moscatomg1

Re: toshiba nb505 dual monitor & line out sound

[ Edited ]

update:

sound line out: Apparently the speaker on that maxent monitor flat out just doesn't work anymore--no matter what input. And I suppose my hearing is such that it may well have been like that for a while, as it's unlikely the toshiba just happened to blow out that speaker these few recent times I hooked it up to the maxent (as there was no such indication, like a pop or the like).

dual monitor: Testing w/ other monitors successfully, this seems to be more a compatibility issue w/ the Maxent itself (though there may be other monitors it won't work w/, too). So I mostly wanted to put this out there still if wide compatibility w/ dual/external monitors is something that others are considering this sys. for, too. . . .

Otherwise, the netbook is working fine, and I have no other complaints--though I found this dual monitor issue rather disappointing (still I feel it's quite possible that a RAM upgrade may resolve this, since others have cited that upgrade as rather essential for getting the most out of this little sys., but I haven't tried that yet).

moscatomg1

Bump! Really, I'm curious for feedback on this. Has anyone else tried to hook the nb505 up to a very large tv/monitor with any success? And here are the specs. on the monitor/tv that has been giving me problems: "Maxent MX-42VM11 42" 852x480 / 3000:1 Contrast Ratio / DVI / Plasma." Thank you!
Occasional Advisor
TheWarrior

I may have missed it but have you tried FN+F5 key allowing you to get several display options?

moscatomg1

Wow--a response! People actually use these forums?! Sorry for the sarcasm . . . . I just still haven't fixed this issue yet. And, yeah, I tried that already--several, several times. I'm about to start downloading and testing other graphics drivers from similar but older toshiba netbooks to experiment. We'll see. . . .