RhondaG

some keys not working

I have had a Toshiba Satellite L775D for a couple of months.  Suddenly, the following keys are not working:  Z, ?/, all the arrow keys, and the 0 on the number pad.  I've tried taking out the battery as suggested on one forum post, using F9, F10, etc. and that didn't work.  I also tried resetting flash cards, holding down right shift (I've turned off sticky keys).  Any suggestions or is this a repair issue?  Thanks.

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

Re: some keys not working

If a number of keys are not working, it is probably a defective keyboard. Having a different keyboard setting would cause different characters to show up, not not work. You are going to need to get the keyboard replaced. If the computer is still under warranty, do it as soon as possible. But if they find a spill on the keyboard, expect to be charged. In the meantime, an external USB keyboard does work well on these Toshibas.

Adri3nn3

Re: some keys not working

I am having the same exact problem, same exact keys are not working, same laptop model #.

Was there a solution found for this? This happened to me yesterday, and after restarting a few times the keys worked again for a few hours, but now this morning are back to not working.. Need help!