beagle187

satellite A665 booting problem

Every time I turn on my laptop it starts booting up, then after about 30 seconds the fan will speed up really high and it will shutdown.
At first I thought the laptop was broke. I could not get it to even power on at all. I tried removing the battery and everything. Finally I was able to get it to power on, but now it just shuts back off like its overheating.
What can I try?
Peter

Re: satellite A665 booting problem

You may want to take a look at this article.

What can I do if my computer won't boot?

- Peter
alphakyu

Guys I have the same issue, it started when i was prompted by my toshiba utilities of a BIOS update, after that all hell broke loose. 

1. HDD/SSD alert: Unable to get disk information, can not use the alert feature.

2. when booting at the start of the day, it shuts off automatically-like going to sleepmode - then OFF. it will take me several times to reboot before it stabilizes.

3. My screen brightness cotroller is now topsy turvy, when i set the controls to bright - it dimms, and vice versa.

Peter

What laptop do you have? What BIOS version?

- Peter
alphakyu

A665-S6070

i dont remember the BIOS version. but what i do remember is the PHOENIX name of the update.

Peter

Try reinstalling TVAP.

Toshiba Value Added Package(v1.3.19_64; 09-30-2010; 48.16M)

Then you may also want to update your BIOS.

ACPI Flash BIOS version 2.30 for Satellite A660/A665 (PSAW0U/PSAW3U)(v2.30; 01-12-2012; 6.77M)

If you need more help, you may want to call customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter