aresykes

"Internet Explorer Cannot Display Web Page."

First, emoting: I am sick to death of my Toshiba A505-S6960 laptop. Trouble since I bought it. NOTE: I am writing this post on an old Dell running off the NetGear box attached to my Toshiba. You can understand the maddening situation since I can write this with the Dell (using XP), but get the message that "IE cannot display page" on my Toshiba. All "Diagnose Connection Problems" don't help.

This morning, the IE loaded Yahoo! after 3:07. I don't know why this happened, because my Yahoo mail was my default page. When I clicked "Mail," I got the "IE Cannot Load . . ." again.

In addition, my HP Deskjet 2680 goes "offline" without prompting. About every two days I have to "Uninstall," then "Install" the printer software.

Switching between pages takes 3-5 seconds. Also, if I want to go to :smileyvery-happy:ocuments," for example, that may take 5-7 seconds.

Think my Sattelite may have a virus or something?

What to do?  Help!?  I can't download fixes or drivers, etc., because the IE won't come up on the Toshiba piece of crap.

Richard Sykes

Occasional Advisor
Heman

Re: "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Web Page."

[ Edited ]

The problem is almost certainly not a hardware issue, it may very well be a virus or other sowftware related problem. Have you considered trying a system restore?

Also, are you able to ping out with it? (open a command prompt, type "ping www.google.com" and if it is getting a Reply message let me know.

www.google.com
aresykes

Hello,

And thanks. But, I don't know what a command prompt is.

Rick

Occasional Advisor
Heman

Open the windows menu(press the little windows logo key or hit Ctrl+Esc), and type "CMD" into the little run box. Once you've done so it will open a small blackn window that lets you do dos commands. Type "ping www.google.com" and let me know if it gives you a result of Reply or "Request Timed Out". 

www.google.com
aresykes

Thanks,

I am visiting my daughterand son-in-law. He sat down with the computer last night for about 2 hours. It's running like sixty.

Appreciate your responses.

Happy New Year!

RES