xXBassManXx

"Insert Boot Media Device"

Hey everyone,

I dual boot Windows 7 and Linux Mint 12 KDE on my A665D - S5172. I have also used Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu 11.10, JoliOS, Linux Mint 12 w/ Gnome and now Mint 12 KDE. All versions of Linux have caused an issue when booting.

After using any version of linux for a period of time like more than an hour, when I turn off my computer then turn it back on, I get a solid cursor in the top left corner that does nothing. In like 3-5 minutes, the screen reads "Insert Boot Media". If I turn off my computer, it still comes up. The only way to get rid of this is to hold the power button down for like 10 seconds. It's like this clears something in the boot sector. I have different boot partitions as well. When I first boot my computer (when it works), the Windows Boot manager shows up and I can choose "Windows 7" or "Linux Mint 12". If I click Linux Mint 12, It brings me to the other boot manager Grub.

I guess my question is: How do I fix the problem with "Insert Boot Media"? I've dual booted many computers and set up partitions the same way, but only this Toshiba does this. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Mike