Occasional Contributor
dev_bhusal

problem with bios of l510

satellite L510 doesn't start bios. when I press power button, power green leds turn on and fan starts but nothing happens next. It doesn't start bios .i tried using f2, but nothing happens, monitor stays off to black screen. Is this problem due to bios . How can i repair bios ?
Peter

Re: problem with bios of l510

Without a full model number, I can't give specific advice to your model. It should be on a label on the bottom.

Try this. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
dev_bhusal

ya, i tried doing that but i can't find any result. my back print is lost so i can't find model no. and serial no. Is there any way to find model no and serial no..
Super Advisor
miker643

...my back print is lost so i can't find model no. and serial no. Is there any way to find model no and serial no..

Not sure what "my back print is lost" means. But, as Peter mentioned, there should be a Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer with your full model name/number, like Satellite L510-ST3405. If yours is not a USA model we also need its part number, like PSLQ0U-00P00G.

Try a proper system reset one more time and see if this helps bring the system back. Power off your system, unplug everything including all USB devices and the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, replace battery and AC, power on, when you hopefully see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, boot into Windows.

If that doesn't work, try the rest of the steps outlined in this article:

Computer will not turn on

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
dev_bhusal

i had bought my laptop 3 yrs ago so the back label print is not readable now . i tried all but i can't find any solution. I think there may be problem with bios chip or bios rom. Can i download rom file for my laptop. please help me..
Super Advisor
miker643

In what country exactly was your model originally purchased?

Mike

Occasional Contributor
dev_bhusal

i had bought my laptop in nepal. in back if my laptop , there is written " Toshiba singapore authorized sales"
Super Advisor
miker643

On the Toshiba Asia downloads site, there are different L510 BIOS updates for PSLG**/PSLH** models, and for PSLF**/PSLQ** models. So, without your model's part number, it's impossible for me to advise you further.

I would suggest you contact the nearest professional:

Locate a Service Center

Good luck.

Mike