Occasional Contributor
dev_bhusal

problem in keyboard of L510

my l510 laptop keyboard is not responding. In device manager keyboard is listed as proper device but keyboard is not working. I opened my keyboard placed it in another laptop of same series it works properly. I think there is a problem in motherboard or bios. i cannot start bios due to absence of keyboard. I had connect external usb keyboard but it works for windows propely but it doesn`n work for bios.. what is the main problem. my model no. is (PSLGQL-002001)
Super Advisor
miker643

Re: problem in keyboard of L510

[ Edited ]

Yours is a Toshiba Asia model, you can find their downloads/support site here.

First, try a proper system reset and see if this helps bring the keyboard back. Power off your system, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, replace battery and AC, power on, when you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to hopefully enter BIOS Setup, if you are able to enter it, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, boot into Windows.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
dev_bhusal

i have tried them all. is there any way to enter bios with usb keyboard..
Super Advisor
miker643

If you have the USB keyboard plugged in before you power on the unit the BIOS may recognize it.

Mike