christyj
Accepted Solution

no internet connection

My daughter has a satellite c655d since December.It has windows7.Two days ago allof a sudden she cannot go on the internet..It says no internet but is connected to the router and recognized.Even with a cable hookup it will say no internet access.We have another laptop and desktop that works ftne no problems.We went to another location and the same thing,it recognizes the router but still says no internet...There are so many suggestions on the internet,any help would be great...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: no internet connection

It says no internet but is connected to the router and recognized.Even with a cable hookup it will say no internet access. .. We went to another location and the same thing

Let's fix possible registry corruption involving either TCP/IP or Winsock settings. These should apply to Windows 7 as well.

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and ...

Use the Fix it buttons.

Always tell us which Satellite C655D when you post.

-Jerry
christyj

I tried the first thing not quite sure about the second one.A friend of mine who works with computers is going to check it out for me this weekend..It is just so frustrating because it has worked perfectly fine since December.I know when Itry to connect it keeps saying restart modem or router and we have done thatt,,Plus our other 2 computers work perfectly fine..Thanks for your help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

A friend of mine who works with computers is going to check it out for me this weekend..

Good luck Christy.

The full model number of your Satellite C655D is on a label which is on the bottom of the computer.

-Jerry
christyj

Well my friend who works with computers tried everything...Nothing worked.Called Toshiba and told them everything that we did and he talked me through System Recovery and it worked..It restored everything to new out of the box settings..Thank you Toshiba!My daughter is so happy to have her laptop back...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy that you're straightened out now, Christy.

he talked me through System Recovery

Next time you won't need to call. See the section Recovering to out-of-box state (recommended recovery method), which begins on p. 61 of the User's Guide.

Satellite C640/C650 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry