emerlena

no bootable device

:womansad:my L755 SCREEN IS TELLING ME THAT THERE IS NO BOOTABLE DEVICE, INSERT DISC, AND PRESS ANY KEY.   HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM.

analien

Re: no bootable device

Put your operating system disk in the drive and click repair option

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

I would check the Bios settings for the Boot Priority. Your first boot device should be the hard drive (HDD). If it is and you are still getting the same error, the computer is not finding the boot files. You may need to run the Recovery files. You can often do this with these Toshiba computers by holding down the '0' (zero) key and turning on the computer. Key holding down the '0' key for another 20 seconds and release. It should bring you to a Recovery screen. This will wipe out EVERYTHING on your hard drive and cause you to start fresh. If you have very valuable files on your hard drive, you may want to try less destructive methods first, like trying to boot from the DVD drive. But worse comes to worse, this should get your operating system running again and back online.

natemills219

< IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY ONLY!! >Its most likely Hard drive Failure. Register your product at register.toshiba.com if you already haven't and register your product ( If you don't you warranty will most likely NOT be active )  and call Toshiba Support 1-888-866-2011 ( US TOLL FREE ) and tell them you computer wont boot and they try to help you resolve this problem right away. The Agents are very helpful.