cloudyfox

my toshiba laptop keeps turning off for no reason

my laptop is a Satellite A205 s7464 and when its on it randomly turns off. I cant seem to find the problem, its not overheating or anything, but it constantly does this.

can anyone help?

Occasional Advisor
pacman

Re: my toshiba laptop keeps turning off for no reason

can you check if the ac adapter port is kinda loose? does your computer charge or detect the battery properly?

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

cloudyfox

my ac adapter port isnt loose, i made sure when this started about 2 weeks ago. My laptop does charge, i let the charge go dead, and then i charged it up agian before turning it on, and like 1-2 hours later it shut off agian

Occasional Contributor
najeeba31

[ Edited ]

The cpu fan may not be function causing the computer to shutdown. Does this happen when you walk away from the computer for awhile? Could it be set to hibernate?
the product specifications states the under some condition your computer may shut down not sure what that means?
from product spec
CPU performance in your computer product may vary from specifications under the following conditions: 1. use of certain external peripheral products 2. use of battery power instead of AC power 3. use of certain multimedia, computer generated graphics or video applications 4. use of standard telephone lines or low speed network connections 5. use of complex modeling software, such as high end computer aided design applications 6. use of several applications or functionalities simultaneously 7. use of computer in areas with low air pressure (high altitude >1,000 meters or >3,280 feet above sea level) 8. use of computer at temperatures outside the range of 5°C to 30°C (41°F to 86° F) or >25°C (77°F) at high altitude (all temperature references are approximate and may vary depending on the specific computer model – please visit the Toshiba website at www.pcsupport.toshiba.com for details). CPU performance may also vary from specifications due to design configuration. Under some conditions, your computer product may automatically shut-down. This is a normal protective feature designed to reduce the risk of lost data or damage to the product when used outside recommended conditions. To avoid risk of lost data, always make back-up copies of data by periodically storing it on an external storage medium. Use your computer product only under recommended conditions. Read additional restrictions under “Environmental Conditions” in your product “Detailed Specs.” Contact Toshiba Technical Service and Support for more information.
hope this helps

AKrahn

My Satellite L 300D also turns off occasionally for no reason.  It's not overheating, it doesn't seem to be associated with any particular program or application or the cord.  The laptop will abruptly turn off, and it can take several tries before it successfully restarts without shutting off again (sometimes it takes 5 min, sometimes 30 or an hour).  It only happens maybe once a month or less, but it can be pretty frustrating when it does happen.  It's always happened while I'm at the computer working.  Any thoughts?

Mandapanda

I have a Satellite A205--S4587 that turns off now almost every time I use it. It just started all of a sudden and then says something about Protector Suite QL application being unable to start up. Could this be some kind if a virus? My computer also has a good battery life and isn't that hot when it does this. Please help!