87309jw
Accepted Solution

my dvd problem

Hi i'am having trouble with my dvd player it just freezes my laptop and its just not like what it was before.... i have a L305-S5944 and want too fix this problem...it still plays Cds and pc games but not DvDs i unistalled the program and downloaded the toshiba DvD player off this website and still get the same problem and it just freezes up everything!!!!! is this a problem with toshiba laptops i want HELP and advice..... 

Occasional Contributor
thesaber2000

Re: my dvd problem

all i can say is make sure you have the right drivers installed

87309jw

Reallie its still the same every time i click on the dvd icon on my windows it freezes my laptop and I'm wondering if its a virus causes I had a friend who had a 500 gb driver and it a had WORM virus and I ran my windows live onecare BUT didn't completely removed the virus and it ruined my dvd player but its still plays cds.....and i did installed same components for my laptop and the dvd program just freezes my laptop......NEED SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERTISES.....

Occasional Advisor
pacman

how bout create a new user account and see if the same issue? also if you have recovery dvd try to boot on it and see if your computer can read the disc.

If you have recovery cd - when you turn on the computer keep tapping on F12> insert the disc then select cd/dvd see if you will a warning sign or toshiba recovery wizard

if system boots to windows there it could be hardware problem.

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

Regular Contributor
zzz123

Hate to go all third-party on this, but try these other programs:

VLC

KMPlayer

AFAIK these programs made my OEMS (Toshiba, Dell, etc) are not that well-coded and third-party alternatives often work better. VLC basically plays everything, while some others recommend the KMPlayer (5 star CNET rating)

87309jw

okey this video i'm showing you what i mean you can also watch it on --- youtube.com---called --my dvd issue -- okey LATERS.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9aPBqcGNF4

87309jw

THANK YOU ZZZ123 the VLC ran my dvd and Something is wrong with toshiba dvd player should i unistall it and keep VLC but all in all I still can play dvd-r and cds OMG Thank you NOW I CAN WATCH BATMAN!!!!!!!!!