Todger

keyboard types numbers, cannot turn off num lock

"After recently replacing the battery on my toshiba equium p200-178, the charactors uiopjklm,. are typng numbers unless i use the function key, also my number pad does not work and num lock button will not disable.Can anybody help? I have un-installed and re-installed the keyboard but this hes not made a difference.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: keyboard types numbers, cannot turn off num lock

Equium P200-178 (PSPB2E-001002AV)

Try resetting the machine as follows. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for 30 seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

-Jerry
Todger

keyboard types numbers, cannot turn off num lock

After recenly replacing the battery on my equim p200-178, the right hand side of my keyboard types numbers and I cannot turn off the num lock?? I have reinstalled the keyboard with no effect. Can anybody help? 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Let's keep everything in the other thread.

(Maybe Peter will merge this one into it.)

-Jerry
BrooksC

@Todger

PLLLLLLEASE tell me you found a fix to this! I have the same exact problem as you. What became of this?

Himself

Just saw this issue on my Toshiba. Found I could fix it by using the [FN] key while pushing one of the number keys, and they reverted back to their alphabetic mode.