bi-gal

how to connect my c660 to the tv

Hi guys really hope you can help (i know deep down you can its what you do) my problem is that i have bought this

laptop c660 and my son has put some videos on it and ,we want to watch these videos on the tv,but i was told i need a vga to scart lead which ive bought ,tried it and nothing happens ,went thru all av's ext settings on the tv,but nothing ,now im told i need to tell the c660 where to direct these videos to i assume tv monitors etc ,or am i being thick, i must admit i dont know much about computers ,and i MEAN not a lot,really would appreciate any  help and advice,thanx for your time ,alan

Super Advisor
brad

Re: how to connect my c660 to the tv

What types of input connections does your TV have?

bigal77777

Re: how to connect my c660 to the tv

Hi brad thanx for the reply,my tv has hdmi/ scart / and the phono type connection(i did say i dont know  much about this kind of stuff) ive got a lead its-vga ti hdmi,but im told this is no good ,so i bought a -vga to scart,as i said b4 ,but now im being told i need to set up the laptop to tell it where to send the picture etc,when i plug in the vga to scart lead, the laptop screen goes black, when i unplug the vga the laptop screen comes back on,im told i need to set up the laptop any ideas, thanx for your time,,, a really really frustrated alan