Harmonium

expiring warranty

Does anyone know what happens when the warranty expires when the laptop is still under the care of the depot? They have kept my laptop for just over a month now, citing that they needed to wait for parts to be delivered. I received no gurantee of when my laptop would be sent back, and my warranty expires in about 5 months. I've sent my laptop for the same problem twice before in the past six months (and the problem was never fixed).

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: expiring warranty

Mine is a Canadian unit/warranty, but I had a keyboard problem close to the end of the original warranty.  They told me not to worry, once I had a problem/job number for a malfunction, it would still be covered under the warranty, regardless of how long it took to get the part and fix.  However, it could be different under the US warranty, but I doubt it.

nebdan

I would file a complaint with the BBB and get an official commitment by Toshiba to service your laptop after the warranty has ended if promblems persist.

Occasional Contributor
lugia2142

What exatically is the BBB. Well yeah. Comp got sent it in qutie a few times for the same issue and a few times for some hardware they faield to put in correctly.  Now yeah takes about a loong time for repair and problem appear in 2-15 days from repair.

Occasional Contributor
lugia2142

have to add that I have a friend who also has a Toshiba labtop but with literally the same specs but i5 core not i7 and their fan runs way quiter and they dont' have any issues. I think I shoudl be blamign the i7 in some case but maybe also hardware or manufacturing? I mean the system board has been replaced like 1 or 2 times. bios flashed a few times. Keep sendign it in for repair till warrenty ends and they demand payment for repair.