BentNail

default email client install?

New Toshiba Satellite laptop, Windows 7, Comcast service provider.  When I click on the mail icon on the toolbar, I get a message that "Windows Internet Explorer could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."   Sometimes I also get this message on a webpage when I click on the "contact us" button provided there.   How can I correct this problem?

Occasional Advisor
kensei

Re: default email client install?

Hi bent nail!

Your getting that msg since you dont have a default client email setup. I got the same issue since i only have yahoo & gmail accounts which are web based. you need to call your provider (comcast) & ask them to set up one for you. If your using vista, you need settings for windows mail or if you have outlook or outlook express, let your provider assist you with the settings.

hope this helps!

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

outlook doesnt work with windows se7en. you would need to use windows live mail.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Occasional Advisor
kensei

yes..

civicman4 is right! so contact your provider & let them know you are using windows live mail.. i think thats the new one they use for win7..

have a nice day!

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

correct that replaced the other windows mail programs. just another way for microshaft to change everything that everyone was used to using

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
chapin67

I am gttng that same mssg but I called my provider and they said it was a Toshiba issue. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Frequent Advisor
lilmaqi

[ Edited ]

It is not a problem with the computer but it is something that you need to set up. When you click on the mail icon it will pull up your email client and if it is not set up and you want to use your ISP email then your ISP needs to set it up.

Occasional Advisor
doofus

windows 7 does not have mail client, you can download one from live mail from microsoft, and this is not toshiba problem , when you called comcast they were not aware windows 7 does not have built in email client , after installing live mail then you can configure your comcast email settings.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Your getting that msg since you dont have a default client email setup. I got the same issue since i only have yahoo & gmail accounts which are web based.

You can set up either one of those as your default email client.

How can I make Yahoo! Mail my default email application

Making Gmail your default mail application

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I am gttng that same mssg but I called my provider and they said it was a Toshiba issue. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Chapin67, which program do you use for email?

Which computer? Which Windows?

-Jerry