jasongabb

connect to wifi without hot keys

Is there a way to set up my Satellite L755-S5153 so that I don't have to use the F8 hot keys to connect?   Is their an automatic setting?

Peter

Re: connect to wifi without hot keys

FN+F8 enables or disabled Wi-Fi, but if Wi-Fi is already enabled, you shouldn't need to do that to connect to a network. For example, when you boot the computer it should reconnect automatically if it was already enabled before shutting down the last time.

- Peter
allarea2

We recently purchased the Toshiba all in one computer and it has been connected to our wi-fi, but we accidently hit the F12 key while typing an email and it turned the wi-fi off.  I noticed below that someone said to use Fn+F8 key. Is this the key to turn the wi-fi back on or do we have to reboot our computer?? Thanks for helping.

Peter

allarea2, we've changed the keys. Whatever key turned it off for you will be the same that turns it on. Look on the F keys for the one with a picture of a little antenna.

Besides moving them around, there was one other change. Previously, as mentioned here, it was FN+F8. If you just want to use F8, you press F8. If you want to toggle the wi-fi, you press FN+F8. We've swapped the FN key usage by defaults now. In other words, just F8 to use the "special" command and FN+F8 if you want to send an actual F8. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Here's the way to be safe. Find the key with the antenna picture. Press it. If it doesn't work, hold FN and press it.

- Peter