tinyart49

can i format my laptop without a CD?

i really want to reset my laptop and whipe out everything. i have some viruses on my laptop and some other unwanted stuff and i cant get rid of them

please let me know if there is a way to format my harddrive with out a cd

thank you

i got a satellite m115 laptop

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: can i format my laptop without a CD?

Are you asking because your CD Drive doesn't work anymore or because you don't have the Recovery Disk? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jungle1

I wanted to add to this question since it is in line with my problem. I just bought a netbook and while downloading a program ended up with a virus. At this time I am running the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and hope that takes care of it. If not I may need to rebuild everything from scratch.

I do not have an optical drive or a recovery disk for this machine. What are my options?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

jungle1 wrote:

I wanted to add to this question since it is in line with my problem. I just bought a netbook and while downloading a program ended up with a virus. At this time I am running the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and hope that takes care of it. If not I may need to rebuild everything from scratch.

I do not have an optical drive or a recovery disk for this machine. What are my options?

Actually you should have started a new thread in the first place rather than piggybacking on this one afterward as it get's more difficult working on multiple problems in one.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jungle1

Thanks for the reply. I did start a new thread called Netboo Help. I do have Norton and it has picked off most of the viruses. I am afraid my system might be damaged and may need to recover or rebuild. I will post on new thread from here on.

tinyart49

i think  my recovery disc is to scratched up it wont read it.