mxplea10

ad Pop-up

Each time I open Internet Explorer.  An ad displays in the lower left corner.  I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050 model PSAW0U-01100G Window 7 64-bit computer using Internet Explorer 8.  The ad changes each time I go to a different site.  This is very annoying.  What can I do to get rid of this ad Pop-up?  I have turned on the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer and I don't see anything to change in McAfee.  To further identify this particular program, it provided notification that I had Facebook messages although I wasn't logged in as myself and never have on this laptop.  I've upgraded to IE 9 ver. 9.0.20 and there are still ad Pop-ups.  No virus, spyware or malware were found.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: ad Pop-up

Hi! Which search engine are you using Google,MSN,ect??

Welcome to the internet and the pop up world. When you figure out how to stop all pop ups, please let old Dokie know how you accomplished that. Pop ups are how the sites make money and I'm afraid thet are here to stay.:smileywink:

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Here's a pop up. I wish I could block:smileyvery-happy:

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Here let me Google that for you.:smileyvery-happy:

I'm just Dokie being Dokie:smileywink:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.computerhope.com%2Fissues%2Fch000491.htm

I like to have a little fun on the forum. I hope you haven't been offended. Google is my best friend!

mxplea10

Google is the search engine.  After I disabed McAfee SiteAdvisor add-on, the ads no longer pop-ups.