Newb4Life

Wireless mouse not working.

Hi!!!

I have a new Satellite L455D-S5976, using 32-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

I also have an old wireless mouse:  Micro Innovations, Model number: PD7250LSR, with which I am having problems with.

Micro Innovations claims that there are no drivers for this particular mouse.

It will work when plugged in through an external USB Hub, but will only work 1/10 times when plugged in directly to any usb port.

When it is working Windows recognizes it as an "HID Compliant Mouse" using the drivers in System32:  "mouclass.sys" and "mouhid.sys"

The mouse works without ANY problems on my old XP system.  

It also works on my friends 64-bit Windows 7 System, as well as my KUbuntu 9.10 (karmic) system.

When the mouse 'malfunctions' Windows reports: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and lists it as an "Unidentified USB Device".

If anyone has any information that can help me I would greatly appreciate it.  ;D

Thanks a bunch!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Wireless mouse not working.

Satellite L455D-S5976 

It will work when plugged in through an external USB Hub, but will only work 1/10 times when plugged in directly to any usb port.

A powered hub? That is, a hub that plugs into AC power?

Otherwise why would you have plugged in a hub?

-Jerry
Newb4Life

Nope..  Unpowered...

For some reason the mouse works with the hub instantly with no problems but without the hub it takes about 5 minutes of switching back and forth between ports until it works.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Mystery to me too.

-Jerry