Wireless is disable - won't turn on

Accepted Solution

Wireless is disable - won't turn on

My wireless wouldn't turn on this morning on my Satellite L745D-S4230. The FN 8 key says it is off and gives the message: "Wireless communication is disbled. Please turn on the wireless communication switch". There is no wireless switch on the side or front of my laptop. I tried installing new drivers - no response. I tried going to the wireless mobility center - it is off and the option to turn on is grayed out.  I also clicked on the wireless icon in the TBS folder in the Toshiba file in the Programs folder. -  no response. I uninstalled the drivers and restarted my computer so it could re-install them - it couldn't find them to re-install. I finally performed a system restore. It still doesn't work.  It is just simply switched off and I don't know how to get it on. I know y wireless connection is working because I have another computer that is functioning with it. Can someone please advise?

Re: Wireless is disable - won't turn on

Update: I just followed some advice on Yahoo questions - tried taking the battery out for 5 minutes, then replacing it and starting in safe mode. The wireless came on and seems to be working well. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies

Update: I just followed some advice on Yahoo questions - tried taking the battery out for 5 minutes, then replacing it and starting in safe mode. The wireless came on and seems to be working well. Smiley Happy

Frequent Advisor

Hi. I don't have your model. Google is my best friend.Try this until better help logs on to the forumSmiley Wink

Dokie!http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081026090527AAnAgcJ

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Frequent Advisor

Hi! Good for you. It's amazing what a restart can fix. I guess the old computers mind gets confused; kind of like mine, and a reboot clears it.Smiley Very Happy  I wish I had a restart

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I had tried restarting it several times but had not thought to take the battery out and start it in safe mode. But I'm glad it worked.