csafinancial

Windows Login Takes Way too Long to Load

New computer (Satellite L870) - recevied mid Sept.  Until last week, everything was ok.  During startup, computer takes 15+ minutes to load the windows login (password request) screen.  Did not begin doing this after new software was loaded.  Did a system restore to earliest possible point.  Ran any and all diagnotic programs on the computer - all come up with nothing.  Once the password is entered, computer works fine but why does it take so long to get to that point?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Windows Login Takes Way too Long to Load

[ Edited ]

If it doesn't cause you too much difficulty, it's best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. The process will wipe the drive clean, of course.

If that creates too much work, we can troubleshoot. Start by letting us know what happens when you boot into Safe Mode.

Start your computer in safe mode

See if you can identify where the hang-up occurs.

Always tell us which Satellite L870 you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
Myushiba

Re: Windows Login Takes Way too Long to Load

I am also having the same issue. I bought this laptop in August this year.
I also reformatted my laptop to factory out-of-the-box settings. It still takes long time to get my Windows Login to load. Anyone have another solution besides reformatting?

PS: For those who do not know how to reformat your Toshiba PC, restart your computer. Upon turning on Press letter "O" and the number "0' simultaneously until you get prompted to a screen that says "Windows Loading File" after that, follow the directions on screen. 
Process may take 45 minutes to an hour. Possibly more.