abjorik

WiFi connection doesn't work. Please help!

[ Edited ]

Hi. My WiFi connection does not work. A week ago i turned off WiFi connection (i pressed F8 button) and can't turn on my WIFi Connection. I tried all methods (windows networking center and windows mobility center, F8). What to do? I had turned off and disable WiFi connection by press F8 button and can't turn on again.

My Laptop model is Toshiba Satelite L750-BT4N22 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: WiFi connection doesn't work. Please help!

[ Edited ]

Try these steps in this order:

1.  Hold down the FN key and then hit F8. Hitting F8 while holding FN will tofggle the wireless on/off.

2.  If that doesn't work, go to C:/Program Files/Toshiba/TBS/TBSWireless.  Double clicking the TBSWireless file should toggle the wireless on/off.

3.  If neither of these steps work, do a System Restore back to just before you lost your wireless.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Amoore32

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5262 and I have only had it about 90 days. The motherboard went out on it in the first 30 days which i sent it in to have replaced and now I'm having trouble with the touch buttons at the top. The Eco button is really the only one working. The Wifi shut off and now I can't get it back on. Also the volume buttons don't work. The Wifi is most important because I have school work to complete which are all online. I have tried taking the battery out. And I just did a System Restore but still does not work. Any suggestions?
Amoore32

I also just tried hooking in an Ethernet cable and that did not work either
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Sounds a lot like motherboard problems again since you have so much going on there. In any event the only other thing I can see to try before calling Tech Support again is to recover to out-of-box state which is thoroughly described in your User's Guide under Recovery. You will lose anything you have added since you started with it so back up anything you don't want to lose to an external media of some kind.

I know this is not the answer you want to hear, especially with regard to schoolwork but I'm afraid it's all that is left.  If anyone else can think of anything else, they will surely chime in.  Good luck.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
abjorik

[ Edited ]

I don't understand what does mean FN key? I didn't find this key in my laptop keyboard. Where is that key? Thank you.

P.S. 3rd way doesn't work.   System restore didn't help me

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

See page 99 of your User's Guide for a full explanation of all the Function Keys and picture of the location of the FN key.

C.B.

abjorik

Maybe you can tell me here what is FN key? Because i lost my user guide. THanks a lot

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

The FN key is on the lower left area of the keyboard next to the CTRL key. I doubt you have lost your User's Guide.  It is located on your C drive reached by going to Start/All Programs/My Toshiba/User's Guide. If you can't find it there, it is also located by clicking below.

L750-BT4N22

C.B.