jcruz187

What is a tray app?

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: What is a tray app?

Any programs that are currently running and appear in the System Tray, at the very bottom right of your screen.

Mike

jcruz187

I keep getting a message saying that windows is trying to configure TrayApp.msi

After that it comes up saying that the path for trayapp cannot be found and that I need to insert a disk. How can I find out what these messages mean?

Super Advisor
miker643

Tell us what specific model you have like Satellite P505-S8980, and also your model's part number like PSPG0U-005002. You can find this information on the Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer. As well, tell us the version of Windows you are using, like Vista 32bit.

Did you recently install a program, just before this trayapp.msi error message started happening? If so, uninstall that program, then try to reinstall it.

If this does not work, then give us the exact error message you are getting, do not paraphrase, spelling and syntax are important. It would be best to give us a screen shot (PrtSc) picture of the error message, and attach it to your next post here.

Please get back to us with the above information, and/or let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

Super Advisor
brad

Do you have a HP printer or scanner?

I think that TrayApp.msi is an installer for part of some HP software, so if you have an HP whatever, try reinstalling the software for that.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

TrayApp.msi is HP Photosmart Digital Imaging software.

-Jerry