wrf01a

What Drivers Do I Need??

I am going to replace the hard drive in my Satellite L35-S2161. I have the original restore CD but I want to use my XP Pro/ SP3 CD.

I know that I need the Atheros Wifi driver 08-29-2006 ( 4.1.2.146) and the LAN Driver 08-29-2006 ( 5.641.209.2006).  Do I also need ConfigFree?

I also downloaded the Toshiba Power Saver Utility and the ATI Display and Chipset Driver (8.203.0.0 )

What other drivers or utilities do I need and is there a specific order in which they should be installed?

wrf01a

Re: What Drivers Do I Need??

I guess no one has ever done a fresh OS install, sorry for such a difficult post.

Regular Advisor
Rincewind

Re: What Drivers Do I Need??

wrf01a wrote:

I guess no one has ever done a fresh OS install, sorry for such a difficult post.

No need to be snarky, slick.  All of us are just users helping other users.

My last install of Windows on a Toshiba was many years ago, so all I can offer is the general advice to install the chipset support, followed by the Toshiba TVALD or ACPI package before any other drivers.  Of course there's the difficulty of installing XP on a machine with a SATA drive.  Search the forums for the solution for that.

In the end, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to use the recovery disk.  But, to each his own...