JonH

Water spilled on keyboard when laptop was on!

I am trying to fix a satellite for a client.  He spilled a glass of water on his keyboard while using his laptop.  When I press the power button the blue power light comes on but there’s nothing on the screen.  Will replacing the motherboard fix the issue?  Is there a possibility that other parts were damaged?   Any input would be greatly appreciated.    

Thanks,

Jon.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Water spilled on keyboard when laptop was on!

The first thing to do is take it apart and dry it out thoroughly and see if there is any visible damage or burned componants. 

It's possible the motherboard is indeed burned out or shorted out and it's also quite possible that any number of other componants have burned out as well.  The only way to know is to test them out.  For the most part it could easily cost almost as much to repiar that laptop as it would to replace it so unless you know exactly what componant has failed it probably isn't a good idea to just start replacing parts trying to diagnoise the problem. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

WENDY2

Re: Water spilled on keyboard when laptop was on!

I have satellite L455-s5979. Is there a way to check which component may be burned out?