CalNaughton4762

Various Problems with Toshiba Satellite L675

Hello, 

I am the presently frustrated owner of a Toshiba Satellite L675 (GMAE03990010; also, I am using Windows 7) laptop.

I bought this computer in September of 2010 after my old laptop died. I have been very satisfied and never had any issues until recently.

As you can see in the first attached file, I have been suffering many graphical glitches. At first I thought this was a side effect of having an old version of Firefox (version 3.0) but when I updated to Firefox 4, the problem got worse. My computer's ability to watch YouTube videos has greatly decreased, although the videos that are saved on my computer seem to work fine.

The graphical problems have also gotten worse, as not only do they occur when I am using the Internet (I have switched to Google Chrome and Internet Explorer for now) but also on occasion when I use Sony Vegas' video editing software.

Eventually I grew weary of these issues and attempted a System Restore back to before they started happening. The restoring process took roughly a half hour, and when the laptop finally rebooted I was greeted with the message seen in my second attachment.
As I write this I am scanning the computer with Avast! Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (which now occasionally gives a strange "Current database is not supported" message upon boot-up). So far, nothing has come up.
I sincerely hope someone can give me some help with these issues. I had truly enjoyed using your product up until now.
Regular Advisor
eniac

Re: Various Problems with Toshiba Satellite L675

[ Edited ]

It looks like system restore didn't work. The video problems are not likely to involve malware.

What model L675 do you have?

Make sure you have the latest adobe flash player and plugins.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

You might want to try a power reset:

Turn off computer.

Unplug AC adapter.

Remove battery and wait about 30 seconds.

Put battery back in,

Plug Charger back in.

CalNaughton4762

Sorry, I should've mentioned originally that I own an L675-S7016. At least that's what the bottom of the laptop tells me, I hope that's what you were looking for! LOL

I also should've said that I have all the most recent Adobe Flash updates, but this does not seem to have any effect on my computer's video-watching abilities.

I will definitely attempt a power reset the next chance I get! Thank you so much for your help, I hope we can find a solution.

CalNaughton4762

Well, I did the power reset (properly, I hope) and nothing seems to have changed. Do you have any other suggestions?

Regular Advisor
eniac

[ Edited ]

I didn't see that model listed on the Toshiba Support website.

Disable Adobe Flash Player Hardware Acceleration.

Test the video.

If that doesn't work:

Go to  device manager > display adapter.

Right click and uninstall it. Reboot the machine.

It will reinstall when you boot. Test the video.

The next step I would take if that didn't work would

be to reinstall the driver from the Toshiba Support

website.

Beee27

Hello,

I just found this thread from a google search.

I've had my L675D-S7052 since Nov 2010.  The past 2-3 months I suddenly started getting the same symptoms described here.  I will add that my symptoms include overheating of the CPU (to the point of auto-power-off) anytime I play any video content in any manner.

I will try eniac's suggestions above (05-21-2011 04:29 PM) and report back.

Thanks !