User profile service failure

User profile service failure

I keep getting the message " The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. "

Anyone know what to do here?

All Replies
Topics: 75
Kudos: 6,865
Solutions: 2,951

Re: User profile service failure

Which computer? Which Windows?

-Jerry
Channel 9

I just started to get this message too and can't logon my own account.  I'm going through guest at the moment.

The message said " The user profile Service service failed the logon"  I'm using a Satellite M305D-S4829 with Windows Vista SP2.  Anyone know how I can get in and fix or retrieve my docs?

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same problem.  I can get it  repaired temporarily  thru system restore, but it keeps reoccuring.  Could this be a virus?

I have Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916 laptop and I got the same "The user service service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded" message on the screen. I intend to restore the unit but I am having a problem finding a restore disk. Any suggestions?

Satellite A305-S6916

I am having a problem finding a restore disk.

If you don't have the recovery discs, you can obtain them from Toshiba. Scroll down to Get Recovery Media here

For instructions, see the section Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the Recovery media, which begins on p. 66 of the User's Guide.

Satellite A300 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
Channel 9