Bqosmio
Accepted Solution

Unknown Device doesn't have driver - ID:ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABA3FF&1 - Error code: 28

I have a Toshiba Qosmio x505 q896. I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer and am having a fun time trying to get everything to work right. So far I have everything working right in my device manager. But if I open my Devices and Printers through the control panel it says my computer needs troubleshooting. When I do it, it says there is an unkown device that doesn't have a driver. So I tell it to download it. But of course it doesn't work and then says it can't find the driver. I think this is related to the BIOS but I have downloaded the latest update and installed it but it didn't fix the problem. I have installed the Conexant audio driver and my Video card is working just fine. I really don't know what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Bqosmio

Re: Unknown Device doesn't have driver - ID:ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABA3FF&1 - Error code: 28

[ Edited ]

Edit: This problem might be related to the bios.

Occasional Contributor
Schnauzer

Re: Unknown Device doesn't have driver - ID:ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABA3FF&1 - Error code: 28

[ Edited ]

It is 100% related to the BIOS.

That is the "Generic IO Memory" driver associated with Toshiba HW Setup program (Hardware Setup). This program allows to modifiy certain BIOS settings fom within Windows.

You can find the relevant downloads to your model here (select Downloads tab). You'll see the Hardware Setup program there. In the notes it says that it is a beta. I don't know if this might be an issue or not, but you can download a different version of HW Setup by searching the support web-site.

Anyways, once you download the program and it is extracted, the program should start installation of HW Setup. After installation, check the status of the unkown device. It should be labeled now as Generic IO Memory, or something like that. If not, then go to Device Manager and doublick on the unknown device, choose to update driver, and point to the location where the files were extracted. It then should say that it found and installed succefully the Generic IO Memory driver.

Let us know if this worked.

Schnauzer

EDIT: details about extraction / installation

Bqosmio

Thank you so much! It worked! No error sign anymore. That bothered the heck outa me. Again thank you for all the help. I just wish they would tell you which drivers to install somewhere. Just the essential ones. Have a great Christmas!

akchw

It also worked for me: Thank you!

dwalton11

You are wise old soul i can finally sleep lol