tcwe
Accepted Solution

Uninstalling Toshiba Laptop Checkup & Security Dashboard?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a new Satellite S855-S5268 and I'm uninstalling Norton so that I can install my AV of choice (Kaspersky Internet Security)

On the official Kaspersky forum and help files, it says that you have to uninstall Norton thoroughly in order for Kaspersky to work properly ("Norton remnants are often a source of problems when installing Kaspersky").

Four programs by Norton/Symantec came pre-installed with my computer:

* Norton Internet Security (I have already uninstalled this)
* Norton Anti-Theft (same)
* Toshiba Security Dashboard
* Toshiba Laptop Checkup

It's the last two that I have questions about. In Programs and Features, it shows that those two are NOT by Toshiba Corporation, but, rather, from Symantec Corporation. In fact, when I click on the Security Dashboard icon on my taskbar, what it does is it shows me a summary of the Norton products on my machine.

When I run a Get System Info report (GSI is a run-on-demand Kasperky tool) after having uninstalled NIS and Norton Anti-Theft, it still lists Toshiba Laptop Checkup and Toshiba Security Dashboard as "Possibly Incompatible Software" (NIS 2012 and Norton Anti-Theft were also listed here before I uninstalled them). See attached screencap

Can I uninstall Toshiba Laptop Checkup and Toshiba Security Dashboard and my computer will still work properly?

Thanks in advance!

tcwe

Re: Uninstalling Toshiba Laptop Checkup & Security Dashboard?

Update for anyone else who might find themselves in this situation:

I uninstalled both and everything was fine.