maggiem
Accepted Solution

Uninstalled an internet driver that I need to connect to ANY internet at all

I have a satellite u305-s7448 and was trying to clean it up a little but accidentally uninstalled the driver that made the wifi card work? every time I turn in on it says ethernet controller problem. but the problem is I can't connect to the internet on the little bugger to fix it and I can't find the driver online or even if I did how would I transfer it to the laptop? thanks for the help, 

Maggie

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Uninstalled an internet driver that I need to connect to ANY internet at all

Satellite U305-S7448

Downloads are here.

For the network devices.

RealTek LAN Driver for Windows Vista

Atheros Mini PCI/PCIe Wireless Lan (802.11 a/b/g, b/g) Driver for Windows Vista

..how would I transfer it to the laptop?

Easily, Maggie, with either a CD or a flash drive.

-Jerry
maggiem

Re: Uninstalled an internet driver that I need to connect to ANY internet at all

Thank you but now the problem is I downloaded the driver and transferred it to the computer and now it will acknowleadge that there are wireless networks but when I try to connect it to my personal network it only has limited connectivity. I have checked the connection on other computers, made sure the security type was right, made sure I was typing everything in right and I just cannot figure this out. Help? Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Tell us more, Maggie.

accidentally uninstalled the driver that made the wifi card work? every time I turn in on it says ethernet controller problem.

For starters, that's confusing. The WiFi is the wireless connection. The Ethernet is a cable connection. They are diffent adapters.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and look them over. Attach a picture if you can.

I downloaded the driver and transferred it to the computer and now it will acknowleadge that there are wireless networks but when I try to connect it to my personal network it only has limited connectivity.

So we are talking about the wireless now?

What happens when you connect with the Ethernet?

-Jerry
maggiem

It will not connect to either, When I plug in the ethernet cable it says local connection only and when I connect to the wireless router it says limited connectivity only

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It will not connect to either..

Maybe TCP/IP or Winsock corruption. Try Microsoft's Fix it's in KB299357 and KB811259.

-Jerry
maggiem

I tried both of those multiple times and it is still only locally connecting

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

it is still only locally connecting

Maybe the router/modem is at fault.

Recycle power on them both. That means disconnect them, wait for 20 seconds or so, and then reconnect them.

If you have a separate modem and router, recycle the modem first.

-Jerry
dutch81

I'm having the same problem, the model number is C655-S5212. Could you suggest the files I need to restore the internet connection please?