hades7

USB ports stopped working!!

My usb ports on my laptop c650-01t stopped working since yesterday, i tried everything but it doesnt work, it seems that my drivers are installed but when i connect something it doesnt get detected, i have windows 7 64bits help me fast or ill get a refund

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: USB ports stopped working!!

Satellite C650-01T 

i tried everything..

That doesn't leave much room for us.

Have you tried uninstalling all the drivers for all the controllers? See the section Remove and reinstall all USB controllers near the end of KB310575. (Yes, I know you have Windows 7.)

help me fast or ill get a refund

Is that supposed to be a threat?

-Jerry
hades7

I have tried that and it still doesnt work, what can i do now??

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

We still don't know what you've tried.

Maybe you haven't tried this. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for ten seconds. Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

And maybe you haven't tried restoring the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry
hades7

Anyway i sent it for repair. they said it must be a motherboard problem, omg its a new computer, im rly disapointed

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

It did seem like a hardware malfunction.

-Jerry
Regular Advisor
alexuw

Why would you send it in?  You said you could get a full refund (how many days do/did you have to take it back?).  I think you took the wrong route.  Should have gotten a refund or an exchange for a new laptop (Satellite or not).

Keep us posted with progress.

========================================================
QOSMIO - x505 q8102X
i7-2630QM , GTX 460m , 18.4" screen @ 1680x945p
hades7

[ Edited ]

Well its gonna take a week to get it repaired from one of their repairing centers, they are going to change the whole motherboard i think