Jeff18
Accepted Solution

USB Drive not recognized

I have a HDDR320E03X USB Drive.  When I plug it in, the computer makes the usual sound that new hardware is plugged in.  But it doesn't show up in my computer.  It does show up in the device manager.  It does show up in 'safely remove hardware'.  And, it does show up in a friends computer.  But, I can't use it if I can't see it in my computer.  Any ideas?

-Jeff

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: USB Drive not recognized

If you have a relatively modern computer, Jeff, open Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) and assign a new drive letter.

Which computer? Which Windows?

-Jerry
Jeff18

What is relatively modern?  I would say yes.  I won't bother with the specs because problem solved.  I have Win Vista Home Prem with SP2.  With the Disk Management tool I saw the drive showed up without a letter.  So I assigned one and problem solved.  I don't know why it didn't do that automatically as it did on my friends computer.  Thanks for the help.

-Jeff

rickramky

It is better to have a good anti virus for your Laptop. Even I have faced the same problem in my sister laptop but later got to know that having good antivirus will solve this issue. I hope this will help you.. Rick Ramky Game Changer DNA Cash Flow Trader Forex Profit Accelerator System
detroit54701

im have windows 8.1 and i have an alienware laptop