Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

Touchpad mouse stopped working

I've a Toshiba L675-00X running a 64 Bit Windows 7. Suddenly (and without warning) my Touchpad mouse refuses to work. 

As you know, there's a little button one pushes to activiate or deactivate the Touchpad mouse. I've uninstalled thefff device and of course rebooted the machine, reinstalling it. But it still doesn't work. 

I had the same problem with a P200 Laptop that had the same problem. I went and spent 80 plus dollars for a new Touchpad on that system which didn't work. After reformatting the Hard Drive, it worked again.

Tell me I do not have to something like that again on this system. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks! 

Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

Re: Touchpad mouse stopped working

Since I do not see a place to edit my latest posting, permit me to add this. I can press the FN & the F9 button(s) and that will activate or deactivate the Touchpad mouse. But the little button right in front of the Touchpad has given up, meaning it doesn't work. 

The Toshiba I'm using is again the L675-00X / PSK-3AC. I've just downloaded the latest driver, installed, rebooted but the wee button still refuses to work.

Help I'm quite sure will be appreciated. Thanks!

JBSauber

Try to perform a BIOS flush.
The moment you turn on the laptop, keep on tapping F2 and as soon as the Setup Utility window comes up,

tap F9, select yes and press ENTER. Then press F10 and select yes.

Let me know if it will work!

Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

JbSauber, thanks for the reply. Miker643 got me up and running a couple or so days back. The thread can be found here --- 

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/General-Technology/Touchpad-mouse-not-working/td-p/181080

I appreciate your coming in on this and your good suggestion. Thanks again!!!