marcial90
Accepted Solution

Toshiba satellite c855d-s5110 stuck leading innovation (preparing automatic repair)

Hello! im new on this forum and i came with a problem i hope you guys can help me solve... i got a laptop toshiba satellite c855d-s5110 and i was using it well last night i was playing a game with a external screen. mouse and a keyboard, i restart it to make the maintenance and it get stuck in the leading innovation ¨preparing automacally repair...¨ and i cant press any key or do anything...i dont have any cd´s or smthing..i tryed the 0(zero) recovery and it puts a white screen and then it goes back to the leading innovation screen.... please help me :( 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba satellite c855d-s5110 stuck leading innovation (preparing automatic repair)

Satellite C855D-S5110

Turn off the computer by holding down the power button. Continue trying to boot Windows until you get to the Choose an option screen. Sometimes it takes a many times.

Let us know when you get there.

Do you have anything on your hard drive that you need to recover?

-Jerry
marcial90

Re: Toshiba satellite c855d-s5110 stuck leading innovation (preparing automatic repair)

you are saying i should turn it on and off everytime until i get that screen? because when i turn on the computer  it get stuck in the same place preparing automatic repair...i let that like 3 hours.. so ill just on and off?

marcial90

i also tried the HDD recovery but when i press ¨yes¨ it goes back to the previous screen...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

According to Microsoft, if you keep trying to boot Windows 8 and the boot fails, it will eventually go to the boot options menu.

According to Toshiba, if you keep tapping F12, Windows 8 will go to the boot options menu.

Accessing Boot Options (Menu) in Windows 8

Try the zero key too.

Maybe it's a matter of persistence.

-Jerry
marcial90

hey i tried this morning pressing 0 key and it works and i went directly to troubleshot and follow the system restore guide...now its finalizing file restore...lets see if it works..do you have any sugestion for me to avoid this kind of situations in the future?

marcial90

already did 0 key and worket out..now its on finalizing file restore... how much time its going to take? i got like an hour on that step...

marcial90

hey sorry im bothering alot..but now y laptop keyboard isnt working...what can i do..?

marcial90

nvm it happens again...stuck ont he same place

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

If you can reach the Choose an option menu, I would restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. From there..

Troubleshoot > Reset your PC

That will wipe the disk clean. If there are important files to retrieve, don't do that yet.

-Jerry
jjrbbr12

Hello,

I am having a similar issue with my Toshiba Laptop.  The power source was replaced a couple of months after purchasing.  Today I am getting a "Repairing disc errors. This might take over an hour to complete" message and my computer will not turn on.  It is stuck on the Toshiba Leading Innovation page.  This is very frustrating as the computer was purchased in March and I feel like I have had so many issues with a new computer.  Right now, I am on the refresh your PC page and it just shows a circle going round and round with a "Please wait" message.  It seems to be stuck on this page.  I do have a couple of files that I don't want to loose and some pictures too.  If you could help me before I bring it back to Best Buy, I would truly appreciate it!  Thank you! :-)

Regular Advisor
bmurray

bring it back to BB and have them retreive your personal files and then fix your computer or give you another or give you your $ back

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Elijah876

Ok so i know this is far after but I tried this it worked but then it still didn't go past screen after 1 time it worked 1 time then no more and now I can't restore again please help