cjd
cjd

Toshiba a665-s6070 no web cam

We have the Toshiba a665-s6070 laptop, with windows 7 64 bit home premium.

It's got a built in web cam, but it's not showing in device manager.

Is there any way of getting it to activate?

Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Toshiba a665-s6070 no web cam

[ Edited ]

Try to reinstall the driver. Here's the link to the Windows 7 Camera Driver/Application for your system:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc30049700o.exe

Here's the link to all the drivers for your system:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=268144...

Mike

cjd
cjd

Thank you Mike.

Will try this a bit later today, and let you know.

Super Advisor
miker643

No problem. Good luck!

cjd
cjd

We tried the drivers and no luck.

Theres a boot error on start up but can't catch everything it says.

Unless this has something to do with the web cam not loading.

We're lost now :smileywink:

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A665-S6070

Theres a boot error on start up but can't catch everything it says.

Maybe we can learn more. Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc), expand Windows Logs, and inspect the Application and System logs for the corresponding event (at that time).

Don't try to copy anything from there. Double-click the event and then click the Copy button. That will put the details on your clipboard.

Paste it without editing into your reply - except we want only what's above the line Event Xml:.

-Jerry
cjd
cjd

This is an apology to Mike. When I clicked on my link I'd saved it took me to the wrong thread.

This is what was posted in the wrong thread.  Can the wrong reply be deleted please.

Thank you so much Mike.

Turns out it's going back to Toshiba under warranty to be fixed.

I appreciate all your help on this.

Thanks

dlee87

toshiba put in the cheap webcams for our laptop, my A665-3dv webcam die after 4 months, I read in this forum, a lots of people got web cam die, it means toshiba could do something better, not just only sale cheap web cams  to the people and give problem to them!!!!!!!!!

dlee87

Re: Toshiba a665-s6070 no web cam (found problem)

I found the problem by removed LCD cover panel. A connector connect webcam to the mainboard been off, it was the design problem, when we take the laptop out the bag, most of the time we hold at the side of the webcam and pull or open the laptop lid,  webcam's connector right close to the right side of it and be without support or tie, that why it is easy to be off for just a little force.  Toshiba have to fix this design or they will loose alots of customers about small quality problem.  If you don't know how to remove laptop' lcd panel cover I may give some help.

good luck  

Regular Advisor
eniac

It should show under imaging devices in device manager.

Did you try going to: start, programs, toshiba, utilities, web camera application.