Falcono42

Toshiba Satellite S55-A5274 power issues

My toshiba satelite s55-a5274 will not turn off to the power button even if held for over 15 seconds. The screen stays black and is not responsive. Im wondering if there is any type of reset button that will shut everything down that perhaps would be under the "hood" so to speak. The laptop will also not respond to the power adapter.

Any information is good information. Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5274 power issues

Satellite S55-A5274

Im wondering if there is any type of reset button that will shut everything down that perhaps would be under the "hood" so to speak.

It worked like this for machines with a BIOS. Let us know what's similar and different for your UEFI (if anything happens).

With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for 30 seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

-Jerry
Falcono42

I'm sorry about not being clear before. I meant to add that the machine won't even boot up,  it won't start up or shut down  and the power light is locked on. I'm assuming the whole thing is just locked up completely, and the only way I can think of to reset the unresponsive thing is to remove the battery, which can't be taken out unless the whole thing is taken apart.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Hi I don't call this having to taking the whole thing apart???

Page 96

http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4002312&isFromTOCLink=false

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

..remove the battery, which can't be taken out unless the whole thing is taken apart.

Sorry about my post. I hadn't noticed the battery is not user replaceable. It's plainly there in the spec to which I linked.

Time for servicing.

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Hi I don't call this having to taking the whole thing apart???

Page 96

http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4002312&isFromTOCLink=false

Battery
4 cell/43Wh Lithium Ion battery pack (Not user replaceable)
Battery Life Rating (measured
by MobileMark™ Productivity 2012)
o
Included 4 cell battery: up to 4 hours, 22 minutes

What do I know?? Sorry !:smileyembarrassed:

Dokie! Hey Eagle what's up??:smileywink:

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
alanp99

Hi, I just had the same problem. Laptop is 92 days old. Little white light in front was lit, but computer would not power-up at all. Holding power button down for 30 seconds did not resolve. I opened the back up and disconnected the battery and reconnected. Computer then started right up. A real pain so I hope this is not a frequent recurrance.