mysterychica13

Toshiba Satellite Laptop A135-S2276 - Black Screen/Cannot Boot On/Internal Storage Light Off

Hello. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop A135-S2276. Yesterday I was on my computer and was done with what I needed to do, so I turned off the computer. When I tried to turn the laptop back on the computer stayed on a black screen and nothing will come up at all. I thought maybe it wasn't charged enough so I turned it off and let it stayed charged for a good while. I tried turning it on again, but to no avail. The internal storage light will come on very briefly, for approximately about 2-3 seconds and then turn off and will not come back on. Also, I can't even open the CD drive as well, the light is usually orange, but even that won't open or being on. When it runs, as well, its very silent, almost doing absolutely nothing. I tried troubleshooting it with the battery and the AC adapter "help" but it didn't work at all, I have the same results and have tried several different things to fix it.

What is the problem and how do I go about fixing it? Thanks for any help.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Toshiba Satellite Laptop A135-S2276 - Black Screen/Cannot Boot On/Internal Storage Light Off

Let's just try a basic system reset and see if this helps bring your system back.  Power off your system, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, replace battery and AC, power on, if you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, then reboot and see if Windows will now start.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

mysterychica13

Re: Toshiba Satellite Laptop A135-S2276 - Black Screen/Cannot Boot On/Internal Storage Light Off

Unfortunately, it did not work. The screen didn't light up and I the exact same results as before per your instructions.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Satellite A135-S2276

In all honesty, it does not sound too hopeful. If the reset had no effect, and given that your CD will not even open up when you have powered on the system, sounds like it could be the motherboard.

But, let's try a couple of more things. Unplug the AC and try to start on the battery only. If that doesn't work, remove the battery, plug the AC back in, and try to start on the AC only.

Still not working? You could try powering it off again, unplug everything including the AC, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, remove both the RAM modules, replace one RAM module in different slot, replace the the battery and AC, and try to restart again. Repeat this paragraph until it starts, or you have tried each RAM module alone in each RAM slot.

If it is still not working, probably time to call a professional:

Locate a Service Center

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

dd112

i followed instructions to be able to boot up my laptop and my issue now is, by taking out one of the ram modules and moving the other ram to a different slot i was able to boot up. i also can surf the net although everything slowed down. if i try to put the other ram back in then try to boot up again, i get the black screen again. what do i do now?

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

If you've tried each RAM module in each slot, and the unit will not work with one specific RAM module in it, then that RAM module is bad. You need to buy a new RAM module.

Mike

c130

I have A135-S4666, went through all of the above (except I could open my dvd drive).  Would not work with both 512 memory installed, but would work with either installed separately, in the bottom slot only.

Nuby28

Please help my toshiba windows 7 suddently shut down after beein on youtbe and tried to download a procleaner dat was telling me my pc was slow and the videos I was trying to watch werent "loading.i turn it on and I could hear it runnin and the fan and also the power light and battery light are on it only shows the toshiba logo and pops up the black screen wit a line blinkin in the left top corner like wen is to start typing I tried unplugin it I took battery out pressed da power button and didint work I didint want to mess wut da ram because it dosent have a second slot to fliped over.please help am scared I bearly have like 7months wit it
jmelle1234

Did you fix your PC, if not I have a suggestion, it worked for me-

Once your computer goes to the blank screen wait 30 seconds and then

Hold down the CTRL & ALT & DEL at the same time for 5 seconds then let go and it should boot back up

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Joel