Gandolfi

Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4030 Graphics Card/Screen Problem

[ Edited ]

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series (Lastest Driver Version) with AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual Core Processor 2.30 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

I can't use the video card because the screen flashes and turns white and slowly black. The only way to use this laptop is by disabling the video card driver, but then the graphics are really low. Is there any way to fix this? 

Thank You.

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4030 Graphics Card/Screen Problem

Have you tried reinstalling the display driver?

AMD Display Driver(03-23-2010; 128.53M)

- Peter
Gandolfi

Yes. The problem didn't get fixed with that. Now it got actually worse since the screen turns off without using the graphics card.

Peter

When did this problem start? Try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

- Peter
Gandolfi

I formatted the computer thinking the problem would get fixed, but the screen keeps flashing, showing colored lines, then turns white, and slowly black.

Peter

That sounds like a hardware failure then. You may want to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
Jcoyne1978

Dont listen to toshiba tech support.... Mine has been doing the white flickering screen for over two years!!!! It made my laptop unusable but after reading this forum i have finally fixed it!!!! It was so easy it took no longer than 10 minutes to fix i just unplugged the screen, plugged it back in and put the tape back and BAM! it is working like a brand new laptop noww. Must have been poor installation when plugging the screen in. The tape that secures it just isnt enough to hold a good connection.

I suggest all readers to do the same, even if you do not have a toshiba. I have seen this problem on many forums and I will try to spread the great news!!! I have toshiba L675 I just did it and it worked beautifully!! Here are pics of the plug it is very easy. This is the so called "Hardware problem" they want you to pay 100 dollars to fix