love_toy49

Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 wont let me download

[ Edited ]

I just got a new Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 yesterday, and I downloaded a couple of programs already, then I had trouble downloading a few:

iTunes

MapleStory

Sony Vegas 8

There's different problems with each program, But iTunes and Sony Vegas always run the same;

They open, ask run or cancel, and when I press run, this window pops up.

With Maplestory, it opens, extracts the file, THEN the same window pops up. I don`t know what I did. My brother has a Toshiba with Windows 7 too and it works perfectly fine for him.

I`ve searched all day long, and nothing works. Running as administrator does nothing, it still happens. I would reformat or clear my hard drive, but I didn`t get a disk to reinstall Windows 7 onto my laptop.

Any Solutions?

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 wont let me download

what does the pop up window say? (exactly word for word).      

they dont give you a windows se7en disk. you have to make one from the recovery media creator on you laptop. just search "recovery media creator" in the start menu and follow the directions. then use that to return to factor settings.

hope that helps

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Sony Vegas Pro 8 doesn't run under Windows 7 according to Sony.  Only version 9 runs under WIn 7 so that takes care of that.

What version of iTunes? 

Have you checked with Maplestory or Apple about what you need to run their software on WIndows 7?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

love_toy49

then window says, word for word;

This installation package package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contaxt the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Does this mean that it won't work on my windows installer?

Ohh. okay. I had a feeling i had to make my own -___-

love_toy49

Well, i guess i`ll download sv8 then xD

Thanks for that.

Maplestory & Apple work perfectly fine on my brothers Toshiba.

And he has Windows 7 too and it doesn`t make any sense to me why that happns.

thanks for yor help :smileyvery-happy: i`m just going to reformat my computer because i don`t think everything installed correctly.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

SV8 is the one that DOES NOT work on Win 7.  You need SV9.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.